Thursday, June 29, 2017

Butterscotch Custard Pie

I asked my dad what kind of pie he wanted me to make for Father's Day and his response was "Butterscotch."  After looking at about 8 recipes, I settled on this one found in a pie recipe book recently found in my parent's basement.


Ingredients:
Single pie crust
4 eggs
18 oz of evaporated milk
1 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of heavy cream
1/4 cup of sugar

Directions:
Beat eggs.  Add evaporated milk and brown sugar and stir until brown sugar dissolves.  Pour filling into a partially baked pie crust.  Bake for 1 hour at 350oF, or until the filling no longer jiggles when you move it.  You may want to cover the edges with foil to prevent over browning for the first 25 minutes. Cool on a rack.  Whip the heavy cream and sugar together and dollop or pipe onto the pie.  Chill.


I was very hesitant about this pie.  I was expecting a butterscotch puddingy flavor.  I was wrong.  This was delicious.  I would gladly make this again.

Piece out!
Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment