Saturday, December 12, 2015

Cranberry Eggnog Tart

I had a few people over from work last week and decided to make a Cranberry Egg Tart.  Luckily, this pie can be made over a few days; otherwise, I would not have had the time to make it on a weeknight.


As I made no changes to the recipe, I do not feel comfortable copying it here.  I would suggest that you go buy the Gourmet Holiday Baking magazine here, it is well worth the price.  It has other great recipes that I intend to try like the Crème Brûlée Tart and several non-pie recipes.  It will be available in stores until mid-January 2016 and it looks like this:


So, other than taking three days to make, this pie is fairly easy to make and, as a bonus, it looks really cool.  Making the cranberry jam seemed like a superfluous step, you could easily use canned jellied cranberries and then follow the recipe instead of making it yourself.  This would save you a lot of time if you are making it in a hurry.  Making the cranberry jam is not hard, but it is an extra step and then you have to wait for it to cool.  So, I leave that up to you.  The rest of it is a piece of cake, literally, it is basically cheesecake... with bourbon and nutmeg.


The result is amazing.  It is creamy, and sweet, and tart, and everything that you want.  The eggnog cheesecake filling is not heavy and adds a fluffy quality to the pie.  For something that I anticipated being super-rich, it was actually quite delicate.  I would gladly make this pie again, I would just cheat on the cranberry to save myself some time.

Piece out!
Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment