Saturday, March 14, 2015

Μελόπιτα

Today, I made a Greek honey pie to celebrate Pi Day.  The choice of Greek honey pie, or μελόπιτα, is to honor Archimedes, the Ancient Greek mathematician, physicist, engineer, inventor, and astronomer from Syracuse, Sicily, with a traditional cheese-based pie from that part of the world.


The recipe I used can be found here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/honey-pie-from-sifnos/
Though I substituted half of the water for vodka for a flakier crust.

To up the Pi factor, I also cut the pie into 25 slices, so that each piece had an area of pi square inches.

I will also be entering this project on www.instructables.com for their PI/E DAY CONTEST. I will include a link to where you can vote once it is up.

Also, here are two more pictures of how I celebrated Pi Day.

Pi Day T-Shirt


Pushing Daisies Pillow Case


Piece out!
Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment