Friday, December 29, 2017

Wassail Pie

Another modification of the Grapefruit Custard Pie by Four & Twenty Blackbirds.  It was inspired by trying to make a pie with what I had in the house for a staff bake sale at school. 






I replaced the grapefruit juice with wassail (from Trader Joe's) and the Campari with a French brandy.  Like the time I made the Apple Cider Custard version, this one was a little watery.  I have found that without using just citrus juice (grapefruit or lemon and lime) it gets watery.  I definitely want to try this pie again and will probably add another tablespoon or two of flour to see if that fixes the problem.  I also added a few drops of red food coloring to keep it from looking like baby poop. 

The taste is fantastic and definitely worth trying to figure out the consistency problem for the future.

Piece out!
Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment