Thursday, April 16, 2015

Amaretto Sour Pie


I started drinking Amaretto Sours in 2002, after seeing the movie Urbania.  In it, a character drinks a BOURBON Sour because "it is what Catherine Deneuve drinks."  I misheard and thought it was an Amaretto Sour, and thus began a decade of drinking the wrong drink.  I did not realize my mistake until today, when I re-watched the movie and heard that it is Bourbon Sours that Catherine Deneuve drinks.  The fact that Catherine Deneuve indeed drinks Bourbon Sours has since been confirmed by the internet both here and here.  My life is a lie, but at least I have some tasty pie.

My recipe was inspired by the recipe that I used for the Grapefruit Custard Pie.  I simply replaced the cup of grapefruit juice with a half cup of lemon juice and a half cup of lime juice and the three tablespoons of Campari with three tablespoons of Amaretto.


The flavor of this pie perfectly mimics an Amaretto Sour.  The texture is dense, yet smooth and creamy.  If you like Amaretto Sours, you will love this pie.  It is not as light and refreshing as the Grapefruit Custard Pie, but it has the ability to take 13 years off of your life.  Honestly, I felt 21 again.

Piece out!
Justin

1 comment: