Thursday, April 23, 2015

Bakers Square's Peanut Butter Banana Supreme Pie



I have always loved Bakers Square.  Before I started baking pies, I would often buy an entire Custard Pie or a Caramel Pecan Silk Supreme Pie from Bakers Square.  Since I started baking pie, I will go there to buy their Peach Pie.  Peach pie is the one pie that I have yet to make and actually enjoy.

On my last visit to Bakers Square, I decided to deviate from my usual slice of Peach Pie and get their featured Peanut Butter Banana Supreme Pie.  It was rich.  So rich that I am glad I got just a slice.  

The peanut butter flavored Supreme was really nice.  I'm not a huge fan of peanut butter these days, but I really enjoyed it.  The Supreme texture really made it palatable, my making it light and almost fluffy instead of thick like actual peanut butter.  The banana Bavarian cream almost took a backseat to everything else, which is kind of a shame.  But it did risk being overpowering, so I think it was just about in the right place flavor-wise.  Then, you had the powerful sweetness of the whipped cream, which I would honestly be disappointed if I did not experience in a Bakers Square pie.  Finally, you get the occasional crunch from a peanut or the single banana chip, which is a nice treat when everything else is so smooth and creamy.

It's a good slice and I highly recommend it on your next trip to Bakers Square; however, it is not something that I will try to replicate at home.  

Piece out!
Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment