Monday, August 3, 2015

Bakers Square's Blackberry Bavarian Bliss Pie

Last month, I went to Bakers Square for lunch on a Wednesday to take advantage of Pie Rush Wednesday.  I tried their pie of the month, the Blackberry Bavarian Bliss pie.  It was advertised with huge posters in the restaurant with signs saying "Black is the New Berry."


I was hoping for something to inspire me with a way to make my Blackberry Mint Julep pie better. I was not inspired.  It looks much better in the picture than it does in real life, which made me feel better about the appearance of my pie.  The pie was a good amount of sweet, but lacked any real flavor.  Nothing made me say "Now, THAT is a blackberry pie."  I was left feeling much better about my pie as I feel that it has a much better flavor than this pie, which won the Berry Flavor in the Gourmet Category at the 2015 American Pie Council's National Pie Championships.

Piece out!
Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment