Monday, August 3, 2015

Lake County Fair Results

I entered three pies in the Lake County Fair pavilion competitions: Amaretto Sour Custard Pie, Bananas Foster Pecan Praline Pie, and Pumpkin S'mores Pie.


After baking all day on Saturday, when it was in the high 80s, I dropped off all three pies on Sunday, the 26th.  I dropped them off fairly early, so none of my competitors in the pie division had dropped theirs off yet, but I was hopeful after seeing some of the entries in other division.  I then had to wait until Wednesday, the 29th, to see the results.  

Amaretto Sour Custard Pie: First Place

Pumpkin S'mores Pie: First Place

Bananas Foster Pecan Praline Pie: Second Place


This means that next year, I cannot enter the Pumpkin or Custard classes.  However, I think I will also enter the Chocolate Chip Cookie and Snickerdoodle classes, as I think the recipes I inherited from my mother would do very well in those classes.  

Until then, I get to look at this:


Piece out!
Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment