Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Lake County Fair Results 2016

This year I entered 4 pies and two cookies.  My Chocolate Chip cookies took First Place.  It is the recipe my family has used for years and they are really good.  My Snickerdoodles took Third Place.  Also, my family's recipe and now the victim of what is clearly a conspiracy...  Anyway, you're here about pie.


For the Blueberry Class, I entered my Blue Hawaii Pie.  This pie won First Place and also Grand Champion for the Pie Division.  What everyone, the judges and more importantly my mother, seems to like about this pie is the freshness of the blueberries.  I also got a positive comment on the crust.


For the Apple Class, I entered my Taffy Apple Pie.  This pie also won First Place.  Though the top crust was criticized for being too thick.


For the Other Pie Class, I entered the Chocolate Truffle Tart.  This also won First Place.


For the Pumpkin Class, I entered the Pumpkin Spice Latte Chiffon Pie.  This won Second Place.  But I am not surprised.  On the entry tag, there is no place to write the name of your pie.  So with comments like "Not a 'pumpkin pie' flavor" and "filling soft," I think there were expecting a traditional pumpkin pie.  This is definitely not that.  I also had to laugh because a comment here also complained about the crust, which is the same crust as the Blue Hawaii.

So, now, I guess it is time to focus on my pies for the state fair...

Piece out!
Justin


2 comments:

  1. how does one order a Justin pie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't. That's why the blog is here; so you can make your own.

      Delete